Looking to have some Halloween-themed fun in the Outer Banks? Stay at Surf Side Hotel and take part in the 4th annual Halloween Parade here in Nag’s Head on Sunday, October 29! This free (for those wearing costumes), family-friendly event is not to be missed!
The celebrations begin with a pre-parade kickoff party at Kelly’s at 2pm. The parade itself begins at 3pm and will be immediately followed by the awards ceremony for best costume.
The categories are as follows:
- Best Male age 5 and under
- Best Female age 5 and under
- Best Male age 6-12
- Best Female age 6-12
- Best Male age 13-adult
- Best Female age 13-adult
- Best Couple
- Best Family/Group
Winners will receive incredible prizes, including:
- $100 Smoker Rental from BJ’s Carolina Cafe (Family/Group category)
- BBQ Sauce from Wanda’s Creative Catering
- Gift Cards & T-Shirts from Jimmy’s Seafood Buffet
- Prizes from Earth 383 Comics & Games
- Gift Cards from Pirates & Pixies Toy Store
- 2 SUP Board Rentals from Hatteras Watersports (Couple category)
- Free Family Beach Portrait Session by Artz Music & Photography (Family/Group category)
So come prepared with costumes that scare! After the parade, enjoy some live entertainment while the kids participate in the trick-or-treating event!
The annual Halloween Parade is the culminating event of HalloWeek on the Outer Banks, following the Halloween International Film Festival, which takes place October 26-28. The festival will feature independent films of all genres from around the world, including many filmed in North Carolina and even on the Outer Banks, as well as special guest filmmakers in attendance for Q&A panels and meet-and-greets with fans.
Just a few minutes’ drive from Kelly’s, Surf Side Hotel is the perfect place to stay if you’re here for the Halloween festivities. Book your stay today!