Surf Side Hotel is Pet Friendly! We are very excited to host your family on your next visit, but we have limited pet friendly rooms. To claim your room, you MUST call the hotel directly ( 1-800-552-7873 or 252-441-2105 ) so we can make sure everyone is comfortable and well cared for.
• Reservations MUST be made directly with a hotel reservation agent and availability is limited. Room restrictions apply. We have selected rooms that are available for pets. No substitutions or exceptions will be offered. No pets will be accepted without prior approval from our hotel.
• Dogs of all size are welcome!
• Proper medical certification specifying that all vaccinations are up to date must be available upon request.
• No more than 2 dogs per room.
• A non-refundable fee will be charged to the guest’s account upon check-in based upon length of stay.
– 1-3 nights $100 (Add $50 for second dog)
– 4+ nights $150 (Add $50 for second dog)
• Guests are responsible for any damages to the room and its contents. The guest’s suite will be inspected for such damages prior to checkout. If extensive cleaning or damage repair is necessary beyond the normal pet cleaning process, the guest may be charged additional fees.
• The South building, first floor, is the only pet-friendly section of the hotel.
• Pets may be left unattended in your room. However, if you leave the premises of the hotel with your pet unattended in the room, the pet must be in a crate or pet carrier while you are gone. Prior to leaving your pet alone, you must inform the front desk and supply a cell phone number (which you must monitor), in the event that your dog begins to bark or there is another situation which requires your immediate attention. In the event of a call from the hotel, you agree to return immediately to address the concerns.
• Pets must be on a leash at all times when outside the guest suite.
• Guests must walk their pets in designated walk areas and are responsible for picking up after their pet at all times.
• Pets are not allowed in the hotels public areas including: Indoor pool, lobby, breakfast room, outdoor pool, etc. They are limited to your guest room and any other supplied dog friendly amenity.
• Nags Head Beaches are dog friendly year-round, but pets must be restrained. The leash cannot exceed 10 feet in length. Owners must clean up after their dogs. Town ordinance is that anyone who violates the leash law is subject to a criminal and/or civil penalty.
• Noise/Disruptive Complaints – barking and noise that is disruptive to other guests in the hotel is not acceptable. Upon receipt of two (2) noise or disruptive complaints, the guest may be asked to make alternate arrangements for their pet. Pet fee (and room fees if applicable) will not be refunded if you have to relocate your pet or choose to leave the hotel.
• Housekeeping Service – The pet must be removed from the suite prior to the scheduled daily housekeeping service or other arrangements must be made with hotel management. Daily housekeeping is required in all pet friendly rooms, no exceptions.
* REV: Nov. 9, 2019
** The links above are resources only. They are not endorsed by Surf Side Hotel or Seaboard Hotels. It is the sole responsibility of the pet owner to decide to visit or patronize a location or business.