If you are planning your first OBX vacation, you are probably feeling a bit overwhelmed by the endless activities for you and your family to partake in. There are so many things to do, see and try, that you will want to try your best to fit in as much as possible. The very best thing about the Outer Banks? There is plenty of fun for the whole family!
Here are just a few of Surf Side Hotel’s favorite area attractions.
Top Water Attractions
With a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean right outside your hotel window, your family will be itching to get in the water the second they arrive. Luckily for you, there are plenty of water attractions to take advantage of, so be sure to pack your swim suit and sunscreen before you make your trip down the coast!
- Enjoy a relaxing evening of fishing with your family at Jenette’s Pier, or take it up a notch by boarding a charter boat to reel in game fish that you can’t catch back at home.
- Ever been on a stand up paddle board before? There’s a first time for everything! Challenge your balance and enjoy a fun and unique experience on the calm waters at Cape Hatteras.
- Go back in time and hop aboard Elizabeth II (a replica, of course) for a historical tour unlike any other. It’s a day-long tour consisting of a trip to the Roanoke Island Festival Park, a backstage tour of the Lost Colony, a waterfront lunch in Manteo and so much more.
Top Land Attractions
After you’ve had your share of ocean fun, there is plenty to do on land in and around Nags Head.
- The Outer Banks is well known for its many lighthouses, and right here in Nags Head you will find the Bodie Island Lighthouse, which our logo is based off of!
- Finding a place to eat won’t be difficult, but choosing which place to go might be. There are over 100 locally owned restaurants to choose from.
- Can’t get enough golf? Start your day off by playing a round of gold on one of several courses. There are more than seven for you to choose from in OBX, as well as plenty of mini golf locations for the whole family to visit.
- Give your eyes something to feast on at The Elizabethan Gardens. You will get the chance to see a breathtakingly abundant array of plants, trees and shrubs. You’ll also see a stunning sculpture of Queen Elizabeth I.
These are just a few of the many attractions, events and places you can take advantage of during your trip. And now that you know some of the activities you will participate in during your OBX vacation, all that’s left to do is book your Surf Side Hotel stay. Located in Nags Head, we are located right in the midst of all the fun!